- Trip Dates: Saturday, November 14 to Saturday, November 21
- Destination: Santiago, Dominican Republic
- Trip cost: $1,550
- Ideal Team size: 34
A current passport is required for S. citizens traveling to the DR (approximately $135) and a $10 Visa purchased upon arrival in Santiago.
DR weather in November avg. high 85 F, avg. low 67 F
We will stay in a secure Missionary compound and travel to the job site(s) each day. Morning and evening meals are at the compound and we pack a sack lunch each day. Snacks are provided throughout the day.
The security risk in the DR is low, however there is always some risk with international travel.
Our local Missionaries are Don and Joyce McCaulley and Tim and Trina Johnson
Scope of Ministry and Specific skills:
- Personal and Street Evangelism (training provided)
- Construction of Chapel(s)
- Useful skills: painting, electrical, roofing
- Children’s ministry, music, drama, testimony sharing
Additional Information or Requirements
General good health and able to work outside daily.
LBC requires a background check and the following:
- LBC Book of Life Testimony and Skills Assessment
- Mission Trip application and medical release
Non-refundable initial deposit of $300 no later than July 26, 2015. Ideally, the full balance of the trip paid by November 14 (payments can be made)
Participants must be 18 years old and members in good standing.
- LBC provides guidelines for personal support letters to be sent to non-LBC people.
- Team members are expected to attend 3-4 preparation meetings in the months preceeding the trip.
Contact Pastor Kelly if you have additional questions or need additional information.